For the purposes of this tutorial, we will use and deploy Talend Open Studio for ESB version 6.2 [on windows].
- Install Java via the following link:
Talend Open Studio requires Java SE 8 JDK to operate.
- Setup a JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the JDK, eg
- Download Talend Open Studio for ESB via the following link:
Unzip to a suitable location, such as:
Include the version number in the top level folder name to differentiate between multiple installed versions.
This should result in the following structure:
Studio folder contains the development tool, ie. the GUI to build the Talend Job.
Runtime_ESBSE folder contains the deployment environment, ie. where you deploy the Talend Job.
Running Talend Studio
- Startup Talend Studio by running:
Running Talend Runtime
- Startup Talend Runtime (in console mode) by running: